tHE AMERICAN CONSTITUTION
Give your kids a crash course in American civics with this free two-week unit study.
- Learn how the United States of America gained strength as a nation through the formation and ratification of the Constitution.
- Head to Philadelphia and observe the wranglings of the framers as they argued over how to structure the new government.
- Meet Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison, and other figures from history who may be new to you, such as Roger Sherman and Gouverneur Morris.
- Learn what was missing from the Constitution and how amendments addressed some of those problems.
- Learn how a president is elected, why the framers devised the Electoral College, and how the three branches of government work together.
Your kids will read, discuss, write, and exercise creative thinking skills as they work through this unit study. They will gain a better grasp of American history and a deeper appreciation for the role the Constitution plays in day-to-day politics and elections.
Submit the form below to get the unit study (PDF).
This free gift is offered to email subscribers. We will follow up with information about BookShark curriculum. You may unsubscribe at any time.
What Your Children Will Do, Using This
What is the Constitution?
This free unit study is a small taste of the BookShark way of learning—reading great books and then talking about them.
Your free unit study is based on the illustrated children's book What is the Constitution? by Patricia Brennan Demuth. While it is not included as part of the free offer, you can purchase a copy on the BookShark website. (Or check your public library for a copy.)
After you submit the form above, you will receive a message in your inbox. Confirm your email address by clicking the link in that message to receive a second email with a download link. You may unsubscribe at any time after receiving your free gift.
Constitution Day is Sept. 17, 2020
Countdown to Constitution Day
Pin to Pinterest
© 2019 BookShark