Homeschool Your Way: A Podcast by BookShark
With the right tools and the right mindset, homeschooling is nothing to be intimidated about! We’ll admit that homeschooling isn’t for everyone. But if you want to homeschool — or really need to homeschool—you can do it! And best of all, you can do it your own way!
Wouldn’t you love to have experienced homeschoolers, cheering you along with insider secrets? Yes? Then you’ll love this podcast! The hosts know homeschooling is not one-size-fits-all. So in each episode, they’ll bring you the coolest methods and the most fascinating guests to help you find your way—the best way—to homeschool.
- Leilani Garcia is a former classroom teacher and a current special needs mom to four. In this episode, she chats with hosts DeeDee and Ximena about her life of parenting and homeschooling a preschooler with Downs Syndrome. They'll cover juggling multiple kids when one child has a ton of therapy appointments, how to teach critical thinking, dealing with insecurities, and finding supportive community. Connect with Leilani on Instagram or YouTube. Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. TIMESTAMPS 02:01 Help kids learn to use a planner or daily checklist. 03:51 Leilani shares […]
- Natalie Vecchione is the special guest on this episode about homeschooling teens with developmental disabilities and how to successfully launch them into adulthood. Natalie's podcast is FASD Hope. Her new book is Blazing New Homeschool Trails: Educating and Launching Teens with Developmental Disabilities. Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. TIMESTAMPS 02:25 Natalie talks about how valuable unit studies are for neuro-divergent students and that they can be just a single day! 06:15 Natalie's personal story about adopting her son and discovering he had fetal alcohol syndrome. 09:21 Natalie's choice to homeschool […]
- As homeschoolers, your home is in constant use, and it shows! Enlisting your children to take on household chores is a win-win for everyone. Kids gain self-sufficiency in key life skills, the home stays comfortable and presentable, and you aren't bearing the entire brunt of the work! Get inspired to set up chore systems for your home with this episode hosted by DeeDee and Ximena. Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. TIMESTAMPS 01:03 Take advantage of playlists to energize your kids and signal chore time (or other times of day). Use […]
- This episode is about the dreaded talk that we need to have with our children. Yes, homeschool moms and dads, it's our responsibility to provide sex education. You may be nervous to dialogue about the birds and the bees, but DeeDee and Ximena have some great tips (and some hilarious anecdotes) to equip you. • • • • • • Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. • • • • • • TIMESTAMPS 03:05 Just because you homeschool doesn't mean your kids aren't exposed to sexual content. Thanks to the internet, […]
- Torrie Oglesby is the special guest in this episode about the importance of community and how to find it or create it. Parenting is hard, and homeschooling only adds to the challenge. Having a network of support is essential to well-being! Connect with Torrie on: Youtube The Oglesby Ohana | Instagram @torrie_oglesby | Podcast: The Fruitful Vine Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. QUOTABLES Ximena: "So if parenting is like growth and refinement for us as people, which it is, then homeschooling is growth and refinement on steroids." Torrie: "…that's another […]