Homeschool Your Way: A Podcast by BookShark
With the right tools and the right mindset, homeschooling is nothing to be intimidated about! We’ll admit that homeschooling isn’t for everyone. But if you want to homeschool — or really need to homeschool—you can do it! And best of all, you can do it your own way!
Wouldn’t you love to have experienced homeschoolers, cheering you along with insider secrets? Yes? Then you’ll love this podcast! The hosts know homeschooling is not one-size-fits-all. So in each episode, they’ll bring you the coolest methods and the most fascinating guests to help you find your way—the best way—to homeschool.
- Special guests Dr. Meghan Owens and her husband Adam peel back the curtain on the negative effects of too much screentime and the addictive quality of games and programs created for children. But better yet, they provide practical tips for managing screens with a healthy attitude, accepting that they can enrich our lives as long as they are their proper place. Meghan's book: Spoiled Right, Delaying Screens And Giving Children What They Really Need Screen-Free Parenting. QUOTABLES Meghan "…about a fifth of adults say they can't control their media use … your child's prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until they're […]
- Reduce frustrations and get more done each day with Linsey’s matter-of-fact advice about categorizing all of your day-to-day tasks. Linsey and Janna will give you permission to let go of expectations that don’t suit your family so you can homeschool confidently with your own flair. Finally, Linsey encourages families to celebrate the successes of their homeschool year—no matter how unconventional it was. Although you may not have checked all the boxes, rest assured your children have learned this year! Linsey Knerl is a mom of six, a small-business owner, and author of Homeschool Hacks: How to Give Your Kid a […]
- Meet moms Amber Lewis, Eileen Duby, and Sharon Miller who opted to homeschool because of the pandemic. Led by host Janna Koch, these three moms talk candidly about their unexpected school year at home—what motivated them to take their kids out of public school, what they learned about their children and about themselves, their academic wins, and their day-to-day struggles. Teaching their kids at home has pulled back the curtain on the shortcomings of public school and revealed the hidden advantages of homeschooling. Hear encouraging stories when moms realized their kids were truly learning and their relationships were blossoming. For […]
- If you struggle to get your kids to listen or follow directions, this session is for you! Jill Jackson, mom of 3 and a professional counselor, applies her expertise to help homeschool parents break out of negative habits so we can thrive in the daily grind of living and learning with our children nearly 24-7. Discover the downside to telling your child no and don’t. Learn the key perspective shift that counteracts fatigue. Find out how shorter conversations and positive affirmations are more effective than long lectures, yelling, and negative accusations. See how Jill uses a simple chart to give […]
- Really. Just chill out. While your fears are totally normal, they are mostly not worth stressing about. In this episode, DeeDee and Ximena breakdown the most common anxiety-provoking elements of homeschooling and explain why you need to take a deep breath and trust the process. You are not failing your kids! QUOTABLES Ximena: "That's something I get from a lot of people that don't know much about homeschooling. They're like, 'Oh, I'm sure it's really hard for your kids to see you as a teacher when they see you as a mom.' Yeah, it is hard, and I don't expect […]