Homeschool Your Way: A Podcast by BookShark
With the right tools and the right mindset, homeschooling is nothing to be intimidated about! We’ll admit that homeschooling isn’t for everyone. But if you want to homeschool — or really need to homeschool—you can do it! And best of all, you can do it your own way!
Wouldn’t you love to have experienced homeschoolers, cheering you along with insider secrets? Yes? Then you’ll love this podcast! The hosts know homeschooling is not one-size-fits-all. So in each episode, they’ll bring you the coolest methods and the most fascinating guests to help you find your way—the best way—to homeschool.
- Have you ever wondered if you are smart? Do your children ever ask you if you think they're smart? What is smart anyways? Today's episode explores the theory of multiple intelligences. An IQ test isn't the only way to measure intelligence. My guest, Dana Fohr, discusses the eight ways your kids are smart. You may just be surprised by what you hear. ★LISTENER COUPON CODE Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. ★Request your coupon code to use on any purchase at bookshark.com. | Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. QUOTABLE Janna: "[Our children a]re not just another […]
- Wondering if you can homeschool your special needs child? The answer is probably yes! Hear from Peggy Ployhar, the founder of SPED Homeschool for fresh ways to look at your role as a parent and teacher. Release yourself from the public school model and give your children what they truly need! Visit SPED Homeschool for more resources. LISTENER COUPON CODE Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. ★Request your coupon code to use on any purchase at bookshark.com. TIMESTAMPS 01:28 Introduction to Peggy Ployhar and why she created SPED Homeschool. 03:40 How […]
- There are multiple off-ramps for your high school senior. Sure, college is one, but not every child is academically inclined. Special guest Cindy Lajoy shares alternatives to college for your homeschooled teens including trades, apprenticeships, tech-jobs, self-employment, entrepreneurship, and military service. Learn how to tailor your homeschool now for your child's future blue collar occupation. Connect with Cindy at Blue Collar Homeschool. LISTENER COUPON CODE ★Request your coupon code to use on any purchase at bookshark.com. Thanks to show sponsor BookShark. Request a homeschool curriculum catalog or download samples at bookshark.com. QUOTABLES TIMESTAMPS 01:30 Cindy's introduction and background, including adoption […]
- We asked homeschool moms what they would do differently and what advice they'd give their younger selves about teaching at home. They didn't say they would work through more curriculum, drive their kids harder and faster, and be super homeschooler. In fact, their answers may give you the permission you've been needing to relax the pace and the reduce the intensity of your homeschool. Use this food for thought as guideposts for your own homeschool experience. LISTENER COUPON CODE ★Request your coupon code to use on any purchase at bookshark.com. TIMESTAMPS 03:35 Nugget of wisdom #1: "Your homeschool does have […]
- If public school is all you know, it's natural to try to recreate that experience at home. But guest Sarah Hercules warns us against falling into that trap. Instead, let your family's needs guide your decisions. Flex to what serves your routines and your well being! You don't have to have desks in a row or start lessons at 8 am each morning. (Of course, you can if you want to!) When you get outside the public school box, you have the freedom to truly savor the learning journey with your children and stop worrying about wearing the parent hat […]